James Cashman, MD, FACS, has been in private practice since July 2000. He currently serves as the Director of Liver Transplantation for Banner University Transplant Center and is an Associate Clinical Professor at University of Arizona. Dr. Cashman is originally from Texas. He received his medical degree from the University of Texas at Houston Medical School in 1993. He completed his internship and residency in general surgery at Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency Program in 1998. In addition, he completed a fellowship in liver, kidney and pancreas transplantation at the University of California, San Diego Medical Center in 2000. Dr. Cashman is Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery.
Dr. Cashman's expertise includes organ transplantation, cancer of the liver and pancreas, and complex hepatobiliary disease. He is also proficient in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical procedures for pancreas, liver, kidney, and adrenal disease. Dr. James Cashman offers pancreas surgery, kidney transplant and liver transplant services.
He is a member of the following societies:
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- Arizona Medical Association
- Maricopa County of Medical Society
- Phoenix Society of Gastroenterology
- Phoenix Surgical Society
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- Southwestern Surgical Congress and the Transplantation Society
Dr. Cashman has privileges at the following hospitals:
- Banner University Medical Center
- Banner Estrella Medical Center
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center