Thomas Chaly, MD, FACS, joined Doctors Koep, Cashman, Brink and Van der Werf in August 2017 from University of Utah. Originally from New York, Dr. Chaly received a Bachelor of Science at the University of California.
After receiving his medical degree, he began his residency in General Surgery at Tulane University School of Medicine where he served as Chief Resident. In addition, he completed his fellowship in Multi-Organ Transplant Surgery at Icahn School of Medicine at The Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City where he served as Chief Administrative Fellow.
Dr. Chaly's expertise includes kidney, pancreas, and liver transplantation, hepatobiliary surgery, minimally invasive surgery including donor nephrectomy, and pediatric liver transplantation.
He is a member of the following societies:
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgeon
- Transplantation Society
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- American Society of Transplantation
- Phoenix Surgical Society
- International Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Association
- Americas Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Association
Dr. Chaly has privileges at the following hospitals:
- Banner University Medical Center
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
- Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Banner Estrella Medical Center